This is the tier I most recommend. It isn’t as expensive as the Editing-and-Coaching Package, but it will get you the same line-by-line report (minus addressing any spelling, grammar, or continuity errors) and can complement working with another proofreader or editor for the “grammar stuff.”
- The first chapter is free (up to 2,000 words) for first-time clients, so you can get a feel for what content coaching provides.
- Rate of $0.003 per word (or $3 per every 1,000 word) with the word count rounded down to the nearest hundred-word increment to offset any word counting software errors. Novels around 100,000 words (a bit longer than The Hobbit but shorter than Pride and Prejudice) would cost around $300, while shorter works like A Christmas Carol or The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe would be around $90 (30,000 words) or $120 (40,000 words), respectively.
- More specific feedback. Rather than a single summary at the end of the story, you’ll get line-by-line responses, with the comments are embedded in the text at the very moment of reaction. This empowers you, as an author, to know just what parts of the story to focus on and where the changes will make the most impact.
- A dialogue rather than a “one-and-done” deal. If you have any questions about your Coaching Report, you’re free to ask me for clarification, suggestions, or elaboration on my comments. I’ll even read and respond to broad outlines of the changes you’re planning and give you feedback regarding those, and as a Book Coaching Client, you also gain access to my Rereading Service, which lets you return the same manuscript for further comments once you’ve made modifications and revisions.
- You pay as you go. Payment is split up in increments (either into two or three equal-sized chunks, though custom arrangements are available). The final payment is due after the Coaching Report is completed, so you can get coaching-as-you-write rather than waiting for the finished product.
You can see a sample of what book coaching looks like here or below: Coaching Sample
To learn more about book coaching, email me at writerlea@ gmail . com or fill out the following form. Thanks!