I’m so excited to be joint-hosting my first blogfest! Thank you, Christina, for helping me with this endeavor.
The blogfest will run from October 28-30 and will cover all things about a fictional character’s appearance. Here are a few ideas:
- The symbolism of a character’s costume, makeup, or physical appearance
- The book cover’s accuracy to the text (if it shows a character as part of the image)
- Examining how an author described a character
- Discussing how a movie adaptation worked (or failed) to capture the character’s appearance
- Sharing what it was like for you to describe a character in your own writing
Any character, whether from books, short stories, movies or television, is fair game, so pick a topic and sign up to join the fun!
The posters (which you are free to use to share the blogfest fun with others) and sign-up sheet can be found below on Christina Wehner’s post.
“Appearance, Accuracy, Description, Makeup, Casting, Costumes & More.” It all started with corsets. My friend Andrea – of Into the Writer Lea – and I were discussing how films frequently get undergarments wrong and it planted a seed in our minds that grew into the Characters in Costume Blogfest, devoted to all things related to a character’s appearance, whether […]
via Announcing the “Characters in Costume Blogfest: Fiction and Film” — Christina Wehner